Road to MotoGp 2009 : San Carlo Honda Gresini 2009 MotoGP Project Launched

Ahead of the 2009 World Championship premier class outfit San Carlo Honda Gresini have officially launched their MotoGP project for the new season.

Former 125cc World Champion Fausto Gresini was the master of ceremonies at the official 2009 launch of the San Carlo Honda Gresini team in Milan on Wednesday, with Toni Elias and Alex de Angelis of course in attendance alongside a number of additional important guests.

Gresini, who won the 125cc title in 1985 and 1987, was delighted to present the team’s ambitious 2009 project, and stated, “It is always a great feeling and a real honour to officially present the team for a new season. This will be an important year for the San Carlo Honda Gresini team, a MotoGP season which promises to be exciting and competitive and for which we are prepared to assume a leading role. I believe firmly in the potential of my riders. Alex has accumulated vital experience, having a complete MotoGP season under his belt, while Toni returns to the team with a wealth of expertise himself.”

The Italian team boss continued, “HRC have carried out excellent work in their preparation of the 2009-spec RC212V and they will guarantee technical support of the highest level to the San Carlo Honda Gresini Team throughout the entire season, both for the ‘satellite’ bike entrusted to Alex as well as for Toni’s factory-spec bike. I wish the riders and all the guys in the team the very best of luck. Naturally I would also like to say special thanks to all our partners who have believed in our projects over many years, especially San Carlo.”

Numerous personalities from the world of two wheels were present, including Dorna CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta , Honda Italia President Yasuhiro Oyama and the Italian Motorcycle Federation President Paolo Sesti. The team’s main sponsor was also represented by Alberto Villaloni, President of the San Carlo Gruppo Alimentare.

The delegates heard returning hero Elias preview the season, saying, “To have the opportunity to rejoin Fausto’s team is something that gives me real joy. I’m working with a group of people who have both great humanity and great technical abilities. I remember fondly the two seasons that we enjoyed together, so it is a bit like coming home. I want to thank HRC for believing in me and all the sponsors of the San Carlo Honda Gresini team who make this project a reality.”

Elias’ team-mate De Angelis, who got his big break in the MotoGP class last year with Gresini’s team, added, “I am approaching this new challenge with great enthusiasm. It will be an even tougher championship than last season, but I feel much stronger in myself. Now I have the experience of one year in MotoGP and the new RC212V is definitely competitive, above all with regard to the engine power. I aim to improve upon my results, I am not content with the two fourth positions that I scored last year.

Article Source : http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2009/
Get paid To Promote at any Location